Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Story

Owen's Marshmallow Chick

by Kevin Henkes On Easter morning, Owen's basket was full.

In it were jelly beans and gumdrops and buttercream eggs

and a big chocolate bunny

and a little marshmallow chick.

Owen looked at the jelly beans.

"My favorite," he said.

And he ate them up.

Owen looked at the gumdrops.

"My favorite," he said.

And he ate them up.

Owen looked at the buttercream eggs.

"My favorite," he said.

And he ate them up.

Owen looked at the chocolate bunny.

"My favorite," he said.

And he ate it up.




Owen looked at the marshmallow chick.

It was the same color as his fuzzy yellow blanket.

Owen played with his chick all morning.

Owen played with his chick all afternoon.

At bedtime, Owen put the chick on his shelf with his best toys.

"My favorite," he said.

And he kissed it good-night.







No comments:

Post a Comment